Studies show that 55% of adults in the United States reported high levels of daily stress. These high levels of stress also correlate with sleep deprivation. That's why it's important to take a moment each day to recharge, relax, and unwind.
Here are our favorite ways to decompress and build better relaxation habits with these techniques:
- Take a Warm Bath — Sometimes, it's all about your body. After a tense day of work, slip into the suds of a warm bath. Do it an hour before bed, and your body temperature will naturally drop while you're drying off, preparing you for a deeper sleep.
- Meditate — For first-timers, start with 15-minute stretches of focused breathing and meditation. Shutting off distractions and taking stock of these involuntary processes brings calm to a stormy mind. Something as simple as taking long, deep breaths from your abdomen is proven to reduce tension in the body.
- Update Your Bedding — You spend more than one-third of your life sleeping, and even more of it in bed if you're prone to late-night Netflix binges. Toss out your old mattress and upgrade to a SHEEX® Performance Cooling Mattress infused with CoolX™ fiber that's breathable and cool to the touch. Complete your relaxation oasis with a the SHEEX CALM + COOL Weighted Blanket. It is designed to promote a feeling of soothing calm through the even distribution of firm yet gentle pressure. Put an end to anxiety-induced insomnia! Calm your nerves and sleep soundly as our weighted blanket gives you the serene and comforting sensation of being held or hugged...
SHEEX CALM + COOL Weighted Blanket
DESCRIPTION DETAILS CARE SHEEX® CALM + COOL Weighted Blanket Put an end to anxiety-induced insomnia! Calm your nerves and sleep soundly as our 15-pound weighted blanket gives you the serene and comforting sensation of being held or hugged. The SHEEX...read more
- Crochet — It's not just for grandmas! Taking up an activity like crocheting, knitting, or painting unlocks the creative part of your mind and allows you to get in tune with your subconscious mind. Read a quick guide on crocheting and spend a couple of hours making your best coaster or mittens.
- Rework Your Bedroom — Creating a relaxing environment in your safe haven works wonders for your stress. Reduce blue light by rearranging your home to eliminate as many screens as possible from your bedroom. Leave the TV off and curl up to a good book to allow your mind to naturally unwind before going to sleep.
- Connect with Nature — Leave the screens behind and take a hike. For a less strenuous option, go for a stroll in the park. No objective, no time limit — just soak up the sun and stretch out under a canopy of trees.
Try out some of these guaranteed relaxation techniques or simply lounge in your comfortable sleepwear all day to unwind and recharge. Your body, mind, and soul will thank you for it!