Does the thought of folding your fitted sheet make you cringe? If so, you're certainly not alone. It's no secret that folding a fitted sheet can be one of the most frustrating household chores. Do you fold in the corners and at least try to make it look nice? Or do you give up, roll it into a ball and shove it into the closet?
One thing is very clear: the fitted sheet will obviously never be as cooperative as it's flat sheet counterpart. Your flat sheet, which is used as a buffer between your comforter and fitted sheet, maintains its pleasant reputation by being easy to put on the bed and simple to fold when it's time to put it away.
However, SHEEX knows that comfort and nighttime breathability begins and ends with the fitted sheet. The fitted sheet protects you and your mattress from roughing each other up, so it's imperative to use one. However, when it's time to swap out your fitted sheet, the chore of folding up your current one fresh out of the dryer can seem daunting.
Follow the steps below and you'll be folding your fitted sheet like a pro in no time at all.
How Do You Fold a Fitted Sheet?
1. Lay the sheet flat and identify your four corners as A, B, C and D.First, lay your sheet flat on a clean surface (like your comforter), with the SHEEX elastic band facing up. Before you begin, double-check that your fitted sheet is not inverted — in other words, that the top side of the sheet is facing out.
2. Pick up corners A and B.Insert your hands in the two corners of a shorter side for an easier time folding. When you're folding your SHEEX fitted sheet, you'll appreciate the side seams that not only allow for a more precise fit but also help you identify the corners easier.
3. Bring A and B together with your hands and flip corner A over your corner B hand. Pick up these corners with both hands firmly inside. Then, bring your two hands together and pinch the corner in your right hand with the fingers of your left hand. Repeat with corners C and D on the other side. Insert your hands into the two corners, bring them together and then flip the corner in your right hand over the corner in your left hand. Keep the side that is flipped over consistent.
4. You should now have two corner pockets — one with a combined A and B and one with a combined C and D.Holding those two corners in place, either shake or smooth out the rest of the sheet. Maintaining a general rectangular shape with each step will prevent clumping or a loss of form later on. We would hate for all of your hard work to go to waste, wouldn't we?
5. Insert your hands into the combined A and B and combined C and D pockets.Clap them together like you had done in the previous steps so that all four corners touch. Flip the combined A and B corner over the combined C and D so that all four corners are together with all four-corner seams on the same side.
6. The combined A, B, C and D corners are now corner E. Lay the sheet flat and smooth it out so that it takes on a square shape. The remaining four corners are now labeled as F, G and H.
7. Fold G and H to meet E and F to make a rectangle.Then, fold the combined F and H corner over to meet the combined E and G corner to make a smaller rectangular shape.
8. Did you just do that? Look at you go!You now have a properly folded fitted sheet that will look right at home in your linen closet. You can even put the fully folded sheet set inside a pillowcase for easy storage. If you're looking for an alternative, get a cotton bedding bag and store all sheets in a cool, dry place. This is the standard way to store your sheets — keeping in mind that it's recommended you have three sheet sets per person in your house — when they're not busy making your bed cozy and comfortable.
Folding your SHEEX Original Performance Fitted Sheet the proper way will keep your sheets wrinkle-free and your closet tidy. SHEEX Original Performance Sheet Sets transfer body heat twice as effectively as cotton and provide unrivaled comfort for a more restorative night's sleep. And you know how other sheets tend to pop off of the corners of your mattress? Our performance sheets serve as an incredibly soft foundation and are designed with athletic-inspired silver elastic trim so they can hug you and your bed all throughout the night.